I was born in Madrid in 1975. I work as a civil servant and I’ve got a degree in law. I’ve been very passionate about Photography for more than 10 years and that love affair goes on.
Self-taught photographer and emerging artist, for the last three years I’ve studied, experimented and eventually mastered the technique of multiple exposure in camera (not relaying in software) and it’s become my almost only way to photograph.
I find inspiration in the beauty of natural elements in urban settings, creating an impressionistic effect, or in city dwellers passing by, creating a reflection effect.
The city has always been the environment where I liked living, therefore streets of any city or village are the scene of my photography.
With my camera I portrait a world with no troubles, full of light-hearted vivacity, vibrant colours and light. I believe a create a dimension of that scene by registering different angles as well as capturing the movement, light, colour and also people who could pass by at that time. There is a lot of reality in my photography, although it appears transformed in the eyes of any viewer.
IN THE MEDIA
- May 2021 (to confirm) – Runner up to be exhibited in Barcelona with my picture ‘Big Mess’ in the VALID WORLD HALL as part of a selected art work, organised by The ArtBox Gallery. https://www.artboxprojects.com/barcelonafinalists
- 15-18 October 2020 Barge House Gallery in London – OXO Tower Wharf – Group Show organised by Artfullframe – www.artfullframe.com
- 7-9 February 2020 – Carte de Visite, Brussels. Group exhibition of 290 artists organised by the Brussels City Ministry of Culture, presenting three photographs of my Impressions series. http://cartedevisite.brussels/
- 31st January 2020 – Visión Ultravioleta Gallery in Madrid. Participation in an exhibition by all the artists selected to be part of the book ‘Emergentes1-La Ciudad’. https://visionultravioleta.com/
- December 2019 – “Emergentes1 – La Ciudad“. Selected from among 150 emerging artists with the picture ‘Life and Death’ to be part of the book created by Fran García where 24 artists from different disciplines illustrate and relate what The City means as part of where we live. The book was launched on 30th January 2020 in La Casa del Libro, Gran Via, Madrid. http://altermad.com/category/emergentes/
- September-November 2019 – “Impressions and Contrasts”. A solo exhibition at the Spanish Embassy in Belgium, Brussels, presenting 20 works. With this choice of works, the artist plays with the contrast among the urban and city landscapes photographed in a bucolic and impressionist approach, and a series of portraits, photographed in a more intimate light with vivid expressions, representing a very personal experience. https://www.spainculture.be/es/region/bruselas/impresiones-contrastes/